Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm not Irish, I'm not a drinker even, but I like this holiday. It is magical to me :) When my son was small, we'd try to catch a Leprechaun. Days before St. Patty's Day, I'd make a little door out of construction paper and tape it to a wall in a discreet location. It had to look like it just "appeared" out of no where, and it had to be hidden so no one would know the Leprechaun was visiting.

We would then build a trap for the Leprechaun and the night before St. Patty's Day we'd set it out with little gold (chocolate) coins. In the morning, of course the trap would be empty, the gold coins would be gone, and little footprints would be all over the house in search of more gold. He always left little presents, tho.

Wish my babies were small again...

In other news, I bought my first plant for my greenhouse today. I bought it through a shop on Etsy. com. This plant is a called Mother Of a Million Babies. I bought 20 babies and will root them. I will definitely need to keep them away from my animals since they are toxic if eaten, and if the babies are not caught in time they will drop to the floor.

So, they will be kept in the greenhouse for sure! I don't even want to risk putting them outside because we have a lot of wildlife that comes to feed on my plants and in the bird feeders.

 I have never seen this plant before, and so I am thinking that it will be easy to sell them once they get bigger and start having babies of their own. 

I am bouncing from excitement!! I can't wait til they come!! Once they do arrive, I will need to fashion some sort of temporary greenhouse for them. Finances are not the best this week, so my greenhouse purchase got put on hold. That's OK. I am nothing but patient. yeah! Right!!!! LOL! But hey, I know my priorities. Paying the house payment and making sure we have food is more important that buying a greenhouse at the moment. It can wait. :)

No comments: