Saturday, September 13, 2008

Still dismal

My mother asked me yesterday, how on earth I can handle all that I have had to deal with lately. I told her that I can't. I said that the downstairs is a wreck because I have been cooking supper and then heading into the bird room to stay. I have not done any housework down there in a week. Why? Because as soon as I do something down there...it is wrecked. So why bother. I am so fed up with it and I am about to explode.

I told my mother that if I don't soon get out of here and do something for me, I will explode. Needless to say, I am still here. She, on the other hand, left for the morning and then left for the day at 1:30 for me to deal with all the daycare kids. Thanks mom! I am here from 6:45 AM until 5:30 PM, I do not get a break nor do I get to leave early. When 5:30 rolls around, I want out of that room and I want to spend some time with my fids.

No, I do not say anything to my mom because I do not want to hurt her. It is my people pleasing complex coming into play. I love my mom dearly and most days it is really cool to have her here. She would do anything for me and is always there for me. I wasn't the best of teenagers and so I feel that I owe her a lot because of the way I acted. I was a snot! LOL

Anyway, hubby asked me at 8:00 this morning, if we were to go out tonight, what would we do with the birds? See. It has been ages since we did anything for ourselves and that is not good! Not sure if he was serious since he went to bed after 6AM this morning or what...As much as I like to stay here and snuggle my baby Peanut (my lovebird!!!), I need a break. I need to have some fun! I need time for myself. My whole entire day is built around doing things for other people, taking care of other people and I do not do anything for me.

My family says that I do my housework for me and not for them since no one asked me to do anything. Oooookaaaayyyy. If I didn't do any cleaning at all, wouldn't social services come to visit? Wouldn't someone complain? Wouldn't the health department come? So, unless they want to be in foster care (OK, not the 21 YO and the 19YO, but the 14 YO would get taken away) or in quarantine for some nasty disease, then no, I do not do housework just for me.

On to a more pleasant topic...I just watched the most amazing thing. Baby Joey taking his first bath!!!!!! (shoosh!! it was amazing to me :P~~~~~~~~~~~~) He was rolling all around and really enjoying it! So funny!!!!

Maile is doing well. She is still just as nasty, but is coming out more and more. However, she scurries right back in when something scares her. I don't know whether or not to take out her hut... It is dirty and I would love to get it cleaned. I would also love to get her a smaller one, but I'm not sure if that would make her worse or not...

I think 2 of my budgies are going to be parents soon! Koda is constantly by Melody's side and feeds her. So sweet! I don't know if I'm ready to be a grandma yet or not LOL But, if nature takes its course, who am to intervene??? LOL

Baby Joey is doing awesome, as well. He loves people and having attention paid to him. We cut his toenails the other day...boy was that an experience because his one foot is handicapped so getting him to uncurl it was really hard!

And, last but not least, Peanut got a wing clip :o( He was being too much of a daredevil when out of the birdroom. So for his safety, it needed to be done.

Til next time....


No comments: