Monday, September 1, 2008

She has a name!!

She finally has a name. After searching the internet for all kinds of names, I finally found one that suits her. Her name is Maile, pronounced MY-lee. It is an Hawaiian plant that they sometimes uses the leaves to make lei's. It is green in color and usually flowers between fall-winter and the flower has a faint vanilla scent. I love the smell of vanilla and she came to us in the early fall. Perfect!

She is ummm, settling in nicely. However, when we get to close to her cage she scurries into her hut and just waits for us to get close so she can charge. I can understand...she is protecting her nest. But, once she gets more use to us we can let her out to fly and play and she won't be as cage aggressive as she is now.

However, I think she bit one of my budgies toes :o( It is all black and blue and a little swollen. I need to catch him and put some antibiotic cream on it but I don't want to stress him out which catching him will surely do to him. Poor baby.

I have not had a chance to play with my dolls lately. Been very busy. And since it is the last unofficial day of summer, everyone is putting yard sales out. We hit one huge one today and that was all I could manage. My back hurt so badly that I could have puked. Sorry.

The only thing I bought was 2 doilies for my dining room table, some cable ties (which I ended up paying the wrong person for so I paid for them twice LOL)...hmmmm....I took a $20 bill, and came home with only $5 but for the life of me I can not remember what else I bought. Oh well.


No comments: