Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Two years have gone by

In just a few days it will be 2 years since I lost my Baby Joey.



June use to be such a happy month with lots of occasions and events to celebrate. Last day of school, my birthday, Peanut's birthday, Kiwi's homecoming, my son's birthday, and my wedding anniversary. I remember when I was little, my birthday and the last day of school coincided with each other. Even though that only happened once, it was still pretty cool!

Now most of that is overshadowed by one event. One event that I won't ever forget - the day Baby Joey flew away from me into the trees. It was an accident, but I will never forget that last sight of him as he rounded the corner of the camper and up, up, up. My heart broke that day and has yet to be repaired.

To this day, I can still hear his little voice, in my birds here at home and the birds outside.

I hope where ever you are, my sweet baby, that you are safe and loved as much as I loved you and took care of you. You were one special birdie that will live forever in my heart. I will love you forever and always. 

***Please, let our mistake teach you not to take your birds outside without some sort of restraint, preferably a carrier or a harness. Baby Joey wasn't outside when he flew away. He was, or so we thought, safely tucked away in our camper, only to be swept away by one careless mistake - an open door. Clipping a bird's wings does not mean that your bird can't or won't fly away. Neither does an overly bonded bird. A small bird can easily get lift off on a windy day. There are thousands of both small and big birds reported lost on the internet every year. Don't let one of them be yours.

No comments: