Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Angels and Spirit Guides

Do you believe in them? I do. One night when my son was about 4 or 5, he had a high fever. When he was a baby, he'd go into febrile seizures with a high fever. He only had 2, but that's because I was diligent on getting them under control. When he had a fever, he'd spike it within a half an hour. It could have been 99 and then a half an hour later be up to 103. So, when he had a fever, I worried and watched over him. 

Anyway, this particular night I was watching over him and he looked at me, pointed to the ceiling and said, "Don't worry mommy. They're watching over me."

They were watching over him constantly.  And, they still do even now at the age of 20.

So, when I saw this on a webpage this evening, I cried because I forgot that they are always around watching and protecting. 

Angels and Spirit Guides
Last but certainly not least, ASK for protection from your Angels and Guides! That is what they are there for. Each of us is "assigned" certain angels and guides before we are born. Their "job" is to protect us, comfort and guide us, and to work with us in living our most productive life possible here on earth. But remember that they cannot interfere with our free will. We must invite their help if we want it.
You can ask for their protection on a daily basis for general purposes, or you can ask when you have an immediate need for protection. But keep in mind that although they are "assigned" to us, they are not our slaves. They help us because they want to. Respect and gratitude should always be the context in which you request (not demand) their assistance. No one likes to be bossed around. Be thankful for their presence in your life, and know that you are never alone.


You can read more of that here... http://www.wingsforthespirit.com/spiritual-protection-techniques.htm

My grandmother is a very superstitious person and we grew up knowing what was bad luck, how to ward off evil, etc. When we were kids and went visiting a particular aunt, we all had to wear salt bags to ward off any evil intent she may have towards us. So, I am kinda the same way...always looking for signs, how to ward off bad things, how to protect myself, etc. I learned a lot from my grandmother! Did you know that you're never to walk in one door of a house and out another? How about never give a knife as a gift? And, never give an empty pocketbook (purse or wallet for you sophisticated folks)?

Today I wore all the things I perceive as good luck! I think it helped a little bit, although I did get a letter from the House Rep Todd Rock that had me upset. More about that in the next post. I have to get dinner...yes, I'm cooking tonight. Hot dogs and french fries....

I hope my angels and spirit guides forgive me for forgetting that they were with me all this time. I'm never truly alone! 

No comments: