Monday, February 22, 2010

Decision made






I thought everyone would like to see the birds I'm talking about :o)
Well, seems that all the birds are staying. Except maybe Peaches the female lovebird. Female lovebirds and I do not get along very well. She has an egg butt :o( There's nothing I can do to keep her from laying eggs! *sigh*


So, what's going to happen now? Well, in the PM, Lee is going to put new toys in the conure cage that I have set out. He's also going to refill their foraging baskets each night before bed.


Training Gibby to step up on the T-perch is going very slow, but we are working on it so that is all that matters.


My daughter and I went away this morning (we went to pick up a dog that she adopted from a rescue-which means that I didn't get anything done this morning! But, I will worry about that tomorrow because tomorrow is another day-my new motto), and when we got back, the birds freaked out because there was a new furry critter in their living space. Everyone was caged, except Buddy the Jenday. He comes and goes as he pleases, but generally stays on his cage playtop. But, my son came downstairs as I came in the door and said that there was a bird with green wings in the bathroom LOL


So, I go into the bathroom and there is Buddy sitting on the counter. I asked him to step up and he did very nicely :o) He's done it before for me so I wasn't concerned, but he came from a home where the female of the family and Buddy did not get along.


This morning, though, he flew at me twice as I was folding blankets. He has a fear of blankets and since his door to his cage is always open, he is out when I fold blankets in the AM. Anyway, I totally ignored him and he didn't make contact with me or the blankets at all.


Tomorrow, I'll have Lee shut his cage door when he gets up to go to work. Problem solved :o)

Ohno! At this exact moment, Oreo the blackmasked lovebird is doing the mating dance to Joey the DNA'd male linnie! Somebody's a little confused! LOL!!

No comments: